Public Health & Consumer Protection
Factors to consider when thinking about a career in these areas:
- public health’s focus is to improve health and quality of life through the prevention and treatment of disease and other physical and mental health conditions.
- this is achieved through surveillance of cases and health indicators, and through the promotion of healthy behaviours.
- consumer protection encompasses a group of laws and organisations designed to ensure the rights of consumers as well as fair trade competition and the free flow of truthful information in the marketplace.
- consumer protection’s aims are to regulate businesses that are engaging in fraudulent practices and to provide protection for consumers.
- career areas include environmental health; health & safety; public health & health promotion
Employers and vacancy sources