Libraries, Information Management & Archives
Factors to consider when thinking about a career in these areas:
- One of the most misunderstood vocational areas, but all students will have interacted with professionals working in this sector at some stage of their academic career.
- The use of technology and electronic resources is an ever growing aspect of the work, alongside the printed word.
- Opportunities exist in the commercial sector as well as public and not for profit environments.
- Qualification within a number of these occupational areas is regulated by professional bodies often with requirements for postgraduate study and vocational training.
Check out our top picks!
Employers & vacancy sources
- Our Jobs Board – search vacancies posted by employers or set up job alerts via the Jobs Board or Career Account apps. Also tweeted via @CardiffCareers