Leisure, Sport, Tourism & Travel
Factors to consider when thinking about a career in Leisure, Sport, Tourism & Travel:
- opportunities in sport and recreation exist in the public sector, as local authorities are the main providers of basic facilities for the local community.
- other options are health and fitness centres, including David Lloyd Leisure, Esporta, Fitness First.
- other settings include betting and gaming companies, such as Gala Coral Group, Ladbrokes plc and Rank Group plc.
- the tourism sector can include such roles as heritage manager, tourism officer and tourist information centre manager.
- some holiday companies and airlines run graduate management schemes.
- opportunities in tourism are generally open to graduates of any discipline, however some degrees may be specifically asked for, for example, travel/tourism/leisure studies, business with languages, modern languages, sport and exercise science.
Each section below gives you links to information on specific career areas – work activities, related professional bodies, employers/job search and other relevant information.
Employers and vacancy sources
- Our Jobs Board – search vacancies posted by employers or set up job alerts via the Jobs Board or Career Account apps. Also tweeted via @CardiffCareers