Hospitality & Events Management
Factors to consider when thinking about a career in Hospitality and Event Management
- event organisers are responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion.
- events can include: exhibitions and fairs; festivals; conferences; promotions and product launches; fundraising and social events.
- Opportunities exist in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors as well as event management companies, in-house departments of an organisation or freelance.
- conference centre managers are responsible for the day-to-day management of a conference centre, including managing all staff and centre services, enabling an event to be held.
- hospitality careers include: Accommodation Manager; Catering Manager; Hotel Manager; Restaurant Manager.
Each section below gives you links to information on specific career areas – work activities, related professional bodies, employers/job search and other relevant information.
Employers and Vacancy Sources
- Our Jobs Board – search vacancies posted by employers or set up job alerts via the Jobs Board or Career Account apps. Also tweeted via @CardiffCareers