Creative Arts & Design
Factors to consider when thinking about a career in Creative Arts and Design:
- this industry covers Design, Visual Arts, Fashion & Textiles, Photography.
- job roles can include Ceramics Designer, Jewellery Designer, Fashion Designer, Graphic Designer, Multimedia Specialist, Community Arts Worker etc.
- self-employment, part-time work and juggling different roles are extremely common ways of working in this sector.
- word of mouth and networking with creative/cultural communities can be effective ways of finding opportunities.
- use of Social Media is not only effective for spotting opportunities but also as means of advertising/promotion.
- relevant experience and degree level qualifications are usually required although this should not be a bar for graduates from other degree disciplines who can offer a portfolio of relevant experience.
Use the links below to research specific career areas – work activities, related professional bodies, employers/job search and other relevant information:
Employers and vacancy sources