Actuarial, Pensions & Insurance
Factors to consider when thinking about a career in Actuarial Work, Pensions and Insurance include:
- actuaries need to be strong mathematicians, alongside a range of other skills.
- most employers recruit numerate graduates – those with degrees in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics, business degrees, engineering, physics and chemistry.
- graduates from any discipline are welcome, provided the minimum entrance requirements have been met.
- actuaries analyse past and present data to solve real business problems.
- innovative thinkers and problem solvers are much in demand, in order to help companies manage their risk.
- opportunities exist in the fields of consultancy, investment, insurance and pensions.
Each section below gives you links to information on specific career areas – work activities, related professional bodies, employers/job search and other relevant information.
Employers and vacancy sources